Tuesday, January 22, 2013

They're Registered!



Today, we received Lefty and Pancho's registration certificates in the mail from ari (alpaca registry inc) and we got to see their extensive family tree!  They have a tree that extends from the United States, Chilie, New Zealand, Peru and Canada!  They are quite international and diverse!

Sammy was already registered and we haven't received his transfer yet, but I'm sure he's just as international.  His registered name is much grander than just Sammy!

All three are Huacayas, the fluffy kind of fiber.  There are also Suris whose fiber looks like it's in perpetual dreadlocks.  We preferred the fluffy fiber on and off the hoof! :)

Huacaya
Suri











We talked tonight and I think we've definitely decided on the middle of February.  Bill has a trip beginning on 2/3 and so does Laurence, so we'll do the delivery when they're both back in town.  Bill picks up the rest of the fencing tomorrow and we should get it done over the next couple of weeks. He  picked up a wheelbarrow and a shovel today.  Guess how I'll be using those?

 I will be going up to the ranch on the 31st to work with them on leash!  I'm told I'll be fine as long as they know I'm in control.  Hope I can be the alpha alpaca, sure have failed being the alpha dog!  We will see!  It's really seeming real now, no longer just abstract and I'm getting really excited.  I might feel differently the first cold, rainy morning when I have to go out and see that they have food before I head off to Bible Study, but like everything there's good and there's not so good, I just bet the good far out weighs the bad!

I'm finding that I look out back and picture them out there grazing and romping (yes they romp) and get even more anxious to have them here.  I think once they get to know us they will come into the area that's visible from the house.  Hope so!  Anyway, enough paca rambling for tonight and so I will end today's journaling!

Be back soon with more of Jack and the pacas!