Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Why? Well just look at these faces .......

I have been ask why, again!  I can't even count the people who've ask me why I would want an alpaca!  Some of these people have horses and cows, but don't begin to understand alpacas. I guess because I know them and love them, I think everyone does. The next most ask questions is "they spit don't they?"  If they had spent any time around them they would know spitting is not a big issue except with the press!  (Of course, now that I've said that I'll probably get spit on Thursday - ha ha)

As in almost everything today, people, press especially only want to focus on the negatives and I'm really looking forward to educating people on these wonderful, gentle animals.  I guess I was just very blessed to be on the Llama Committee at HLSSR their first year and got to know them.  I love their softness and their sweet faces!  I love that they can be around children, will even let you dress them up in crazy clothes for costume contests and are now being used as caring animals for the elderly at nursing homes.  I love that they will be sheared every Spring and I'll have an abundance of the most wonderful, hypoallergenic fiber in the world!

But honestly, these faces are what it's all about!  Can you really look at these faces and not fall in love?  Maybe, you won't want your own, but I'm betting you will want to come see ours!