Sunday, October 12, 2014

Finishing 2013 In Pictures

It really has been  few nights of playing 2013 catch up! Not easy when it's already October of 2014!  But I'm pulling some of the best pictures from 2013 and will finish out the year with a few of my favorites from the alpaca world we've found ourselves in, along with some of my first art yarn pictures and my wonderful spinning wheel - so here we go!

Love this curious face - always has to check out the camera!

My new spinning wheel - Country Spinner 2.
Not your mother's spinning wheel!


Painted three alpacas and two sheep  - just to make it my own!

Some of my first yarn - not the boys fiber, but something
easier to learn with - a longer staple length - easier to spin.

The turkish drop spindle!

Spinning complete and a finished ball does off the spindle!
With this type of spindle I would never have had enough yarn to knit!

Some practice yarns.

Some batts, ready for spinning.  One on left is Lefty!

Studio redo!  Up came the carpet and down went the paint!
Sam, also a very curious paca!



Blue Faced Leiscter - BFL spun and off the noddy noddy.
Ready to wash and dry!

A beautiful skein drying!


Yarn spun from Lefty fiber that I dyed at home.

The BFL skein we dyed at WC Mercantile

All knitted up - A combo of the BFL and the Lefty yarn!
And a finished cowl - made from a pattern from Dona Binder.


The year couldn't be complete without showing that they do spit!
Yes, this was it!  Just a little grass compliments of Lefty!

What a way to end the year with a little nap!  Yes it looks like they've passed out;
completely relaxed and usually out in the hot sun!


So this wraps up the year!  There were so may other pictures, but I can't post then all.  So when I next post, I will begin to catch up on 2014.  I can only say they are an adventure!  So happy we made the decision and look forward to many good years with the boys!